To map your home folder or a file share from an Mac OS computer:
- From the Finder menu, Select Go > Connect to Server
- Enter your home drive or file share location with the SMB protocol prefix.
- Example: smb://coeit.osu.edu/home/b/buckeye.1
- Once you have entered the address, press the Connect button to immediately open the network location.
- Optionally, press the + button to add the location to your favorites list. It will be listed under Favorite Servers and allow your to quickly select it to reconnect.
- If you do not know the specific name of the share you need to connect to, enter smb://coeit.osu.edu/shares and press connect. A folder will open showing you the shares you currently have access to.