Welcome to the Engineering Technology Services WiKi. Here you can find documentation related to using and accessing College of Engineering Technology resources. You will also find blog posts and articles about upcoming outages, changes, and maintenance windows.
None at this time.
Scheduled October Work:
- Wednesday, October 23 - ESL network switch replacement in old building. Work begins at 5:30 PM and is scheduled to be completed by 9:00 PM.
- Saturday, October 26 - Network maintenance for EJTC, Watts and OSU Airport from 11:30 PM to 1:00AM on October 27. Brief network disruptions should be expected.
- Wednesday, October 30 - ESL network switch replacement on 2nd floor of new building. Work begins at 5:00 PM and is scheduled to be completed by 10:00 PM.
Windows 7 Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10
Microsoft will officially end support for Windows 7 in January 2020 – What does this mean for you?
If you have a research computer or specialized device that requires Windows 7 to operate correctly:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 14th so we can inventory your device
- Otherwise, your Windows 7 device WILL be upgraded to Windows 10
- Self-service Windows 10 upgrades will be made available via Software Center on all Windows 7 devices
- You can start the upgrade at your convenience, and it will take approximately 4 hours to finish
- Automatic Windows 10 upgrades will be scheduled for all remaining Windows 7 devices
- CEGE & SIMCenter groups will be added to the queue first
- Each week a group of computers will be toggled to “automatic” and a required deadline set
- If we have record of logon activity, those who logon to these devices will receive additional advance email notice of the deadline. In some areas, this has already started which was communicated.
- Notifications will also be displayed in Software Center
- Tuesday, November 26th – Pulse VPN will be upgraded, so it is 100% compatible with macOS Catalina.