Welcome to the Engineering Technology Services WiKi. Here you can find documentation related to using and accessing College of Engineering Technology resources. You will also find blog posts and articles about upcoming outages, changes, and maintenance windows.
None at this time.
Planned Outage for October
In continuing efforts to migrate storage for the College of Engineering to our new platform, ETS staff will be leveraging fall break to migrate home folders (U:\ Drives) and roaming profiles for Windows and home folders, share, and project drives for Linux.
- Migration work will begin on Thursday, October 10th at 7:30 P.M. with full service restoration expected by 7:30 A.M. on Friday, October 11th.
- Please log out of your computer before the migration windows begins as open files can impact the migration.
- During the migration window, home folders on both Linux and Windows will be unavailable, as well as share and project folders on Linux.
Windows 7 Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10
Microsoft will officially end support for Windows 7 in January 2020 – What does this mean for you?
If you have a research computer or specialized device that requires Windows 7 to operate correctly:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 14th so we can inventory your device
- Otherwise, your Windows 7 device WILL be upgraded to Windows 10
- Self-service Windows 10 upgrades will be made available via Software Center on all Windows 7 devices
- You can start the upgrade at your convenience, and it will take approximately 4 hours to finish
- Automatic Windows 10 upgrades will be scheduled for all remaining Windows 7 devices
- CEGE & SIMCenter groups will be added to the queue first
- Each week a group of computers will be toggled to “automatic” and a required deadline set
- If we have record of logon activity, those who logon to these devices will receive additional advance email notice of the deadline. In some areas, this has already started which was communicated.
- Notifications will also be displayed in Software Center
- Wednesday, October 2 – Pulse VPN will be modified to prompt after 5 hours of connectivity instead of 8 hours. If a response to remain connected is not received, the session will end. This is to address an increase in use of the VPN service.
- Wednesday, October 9 - CSE, EED and KSA shares migration from 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM.