Welcome to the Engineering Technology Services WiKi. Here you can find documentation related to using and accessing College of Engineering Technology resources. You will also find blog posts and articles about upcoming outages, changes, and maintenance windows.
A Microsoft vulnerability of critical nature has been discovered. As a result, ETS has pushed up the schedule for security patching of Windows computers. You will begin to see notices that updates are available on Friday, August 16th.
- Note: Monthly Windows updates were re-released to all COE Windows computers as of Tuesday, August 20th after Microsoft re-released updates with other urgent fixes - we apologize for any inconvenience on systems already having installed the first round of updates.
- Thursday, August 1 – COEIT File Shares (entire College) changes to home (U:\) and share folders as we prepare for new storage. University-owned Windows computers on campus will auto-configure. Mac users and VPN users on home computers should review this link prior to August 12th to re-configure their connections to the drives. If you need assistance, please submit a ticket at https://go.osu.edu/ets.
- Monday, August 5 starting at 9:00 A.M. - Solidworks license server migration. Licenses will not be available for checkout for a brief time period. Work should take under an hour, but will affect CAR, MSE, BME, and EED.
- Wednesday, August 7 starting at 5:00 P.M.– ETS will be performing maintenance related to CSE servers and services. Expect downtime and/or intermittent services through 12:00 A.M.
- Wednesday, August 7 starting at 5:00 P.M. – CSE user web directories and Linux class directory moving. Class directory will continue to be mounted as /class and web as /share/CSE/web/userdirs.
- Week of August 12 – Storage Upgrade Work Continues (entire College). Brief 30 minute outages per individual should be expected during one evening as the cutover is made. Finalized schedule will be communicated as we get closer.
- Ongoing - Windows 7 devices must be upgraded to Windows 10 by January 2020. We continue to reach out to those running this OS to schedule upgrades.
- New Spirion Identity Finder configuration will alert users to the presence of restricted data on their systems with options to review and/or delete. See this link for full details on what it means for you!
- Thursday, August 1 starting at 5:00 P.M. - Network switch upgrades in Baker Systems Engineering and Bolz Hall.
- Monday, August 5 starting at 5:00 P.M. - Network switch upgrades in CAR and CDME.
- Monday, August 12 – Pulse VPN was upgraded. Beginning on August 12, Pulse VPN clients will call for an automatic update at first use.
Upcoming Work (Dates TBD):
- Final preparations for autumn semester are underway. Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if we can be of assistance as we approach the start of AU19!