Engineering Technology Services provides access to many pieces of key software via our COE Virtual Desktop service, which allows students and instructors to access applications from almost any internet-connected device.
COE Virtual Desktop is secure and convenient, allowing access without requiring a VPN and across many of your devices. Applications and desktops are run on high-performance systems through high bandwidth networks, ensuring a quality experience for both instructors and students that supports education.
Connecting to Virtual Desktop with the latest Citrix client app requires iPadOS 10.13 or higher.
Older versions of iPadOS may be able to install and run older versions of the Citrix client app, however, due to security concerns these deprecated versions are not fully supported and may be removed in the future by Citrix.
This process includes steps to acquire the app, install and configure it, then connect to the College Virtual Desktop server:
- Open the Apple App Store, and search for "Citrix Workspace".
- Tap on "Get" and "Install" the Citrix Workspace app from the App Store (assuming you are already signed in with your Apple ID):
- Once the installation is done, look for the Citrix "Workspace" app and tap to open it:
- Once the connection wizard begins, tap on the "Get Started" button:
- Next step, type the College Virtual Desktop server address: apphub.coeit.osu.edu
Then you can tap on the "Continue" button:
- Proceed to sign in to the Citrix server with your OSU credentials:
- In the next prompt, verify that the "COEStore" store is selected and tap on the "Continue" button:
- In the Citrix main menu, tap on the tray slider with the "+" (plus symbol) to reveal the list of Desktops:
- Look for the "COE" Virtual Desktop and tap on the "+" button (plus symbol) on the right of the item in the list:
- That will pin the COE Virtual Desktop into the main menu. Tap the "COE" icon to start the Virtual Desktop connection:
- This will start the COE Virtual Desktop connection:
- When connecting for the first time, you may see this prompt. You can tap on "Allow" to let the Citrix Workspace app send you notifications such as connection status or error states:
- Once logged in, you can sign into Microsoft OneDrive to access your files in the Microsoft 365 cloud storage, or you can reach your files from the COE network home directory (known as "U" drive - which will then be accessible from other student lab computers in the College of Engineering's network):
- When your work is done in the Virtual Desktop, please remember to log off/sign out from the computer, by clicking on the Windows START MENU button at the bottom, and select the circular icon with the silhouette of a person, then select "Sign out":